- Dementia is the loss of cognitive functioning - thinking, remembering, and reasoning - to such an extent that it interferes with a person's daily life and activities.
- It is not a disease itself but a group of symptoms that often accompanies a disease or condition.
- Alzheimer's disease
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD)
- Head trauma
- Huntington's disease
- Lewy body disease
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus
- Parkinson's disease
- Pick's disease
- Vascular Dementia
- Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome